University of Ibadan benefits from the 2016-2018 IT intervention by TETFund
International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) is the world's leading computer skills certification in Microsoft office application for base, standard and advanced users in the Information Technology to enhance efficiency and deliver quality work. ICDL is the ideal ICT skill set that offers the right skills.
The training objectives are to:
- Raise the general level of competency in ITT
- Improve productivity at work
- Reduce user support costs
- Enable employers to invest more efficiently in IT
- Ensure that best practice and quality issues are understood and implemented.
Establish a computer competency standard for current and new employees
Improve employee productivity and increase returns from investments in IT
- Reduce IT support costs
- Identify training needs of employees and measure the efficacy of training programs
- Use ICDL as an effective model for designing fundamental IT education and training in the organization
- Reduce the inherent risks in recruiting, hiring and promotion decisions
- Help motivate staff, increase their self-esteem and sense of achievement.
- Computer Essentials
- Online Essentials
- Word Processing
- Using Databases
- IT Security
- Project planning
- Online Collaboration
The programme is targeted at all academic and non-academic staff that do not possess requisite computer skills.
Listed documents for senate meeting scheduled for January 14, 2021 - can be downloaded for offline viewing