- (i) Introduction to inorganic Pharmaceutical Chemistry: occurrence, sources, control and removal of impurities in pharmaceuticals and their limit tests.
- (ii) Atomic and molecular structure and bonding, periodic table and electronic configuration of the elements.
- (iii) Descriptive Chemistry of families of elements and their compounds (properties, preparation, storage assay, uses) with particular emphasis on elements and compounds of Pharmaceutical importance in groups I-VIIIA of the periodic Table.
- (iv) Inorganic substance pharmaceuticals and medicinal agents.
- (v) Principles of applications of volumetric and gravimetric analysis.
- (vi) Practicals – To complement the theory outlined above.